Amelia Court House
- Amelia Family Campground, 9650 Military Rd, Amelia Court House VA 23002 / 804-561-3011. Campground is located .5 mile south of US-360 on SR-153. Metered LP gas available. $10 or less.
- Americamps RV Resort, 11322 Air Park Rd, Ashland VA 23005 / 804-798-5298. $20 or less.
- Bedford Area Welcome Center off US-460 at the entrance to D-Day Memorial on Burks Hill Rd. Overnight RV parking is available; three sites have full hookups (one night stay only). $10 or less.
- Flying J Travel Plaza, 24279 Rogers Clark Blvd, Carmel Church VA 22546 / 804-448-9047. $10 or less. I-95 Exit 104.
- Bull Run Regional Park off US-29, 703-631-0550. $30 or less.
- Occoneechee State Park, 1192 Occoneechee Park Rd, 434-374-2210. Upon entering park, proceed left and straight down the road following signs; dump is on the left. $10 or less.
- Prince Williams Forest Park RV Campground, 16058 Dumfries Rd, Dumfries VA 22025 / 703-221-2474. $20 or less. I-95 Exit 152A.
- Gosnold’s Hope Park, 901 E Little Back River Rd, 757-850-5116. From I-64 Exit 263b, follow Mercury Blvd (US-278) east to King St. Follow King St north to Little Back River Rd and turn right (east). The park is approximately 3 miles on the left. Cost is unknown.
- TA Travel Center, 2516 N Lee Hwy, Lexington VA 24450 / 540-463-3478. $10 or less. I-64/I-81 Exit 195.
- Love’s Travel Stop, 145 Major Grahams Rd, Max Meadows VA 24360 / 276-637-3124. $10 or less. I-81 Exit 84.
- Westmoreland State Park, 804-493-8821. Located six miles north of town via VA 3 and VA 347. Once in the park, look for sign to Campground B. Make a U-turn rather than going to Campground B. Dump station is ahead on right. $10 or less.
- Newport News Park, 13564 Jefferson Ave, Newport News VA 23603 / 757-886-7912. Cost is unknown. I-64 Exit 250B.
- Lake Fairfax County Park campground off VA 606. $30 or less.
- Winn Transportation, 1831 Westwood Ave, Richmond VA 23227 / 804-358-9466. $30 or less.
- Tidy Services, 2011 Cook Dr, Salem VA 24153 / 540-345-0168. Open Mon-Fri, 7am-4pm. $20 or less.
- Love’s Travel Stop, 770 Moores Ferry Rd, Skippers VA 23879 / 434-336-0203. $10 or less. I-95 Exit 4.
- Love’s Travel Stop, 1850 North Mecklenburg Ave, South Hill VA 23970 / 434-584-0077. $10 or less. I-85 Exit 15.
- Davis Travel Center, 13306 St Johns Church Rd, Stony Creek VA 23882 / 434-246-2881. Cost is unknown. I-95 Exit 33.
- Dam Neck Navy Base (military ID required to gain access). Base has a small RV campground; dump is up the road from there. Water available. Free.
- Davis Travel Center, 12461 Old Stage Rd, Warfield VA 23889 / 804-478-4403. Cost is unknown. I-85 Exit 39.
- Sherando Lake Recreation Area (US-Forest Service). From I-64 take Exit 96 and follow VA 624 south to Lyndhurst and then VA 664 to campground. Recreation area is about ten miles off the Interstate. $10 or less.
- Flying J Travel Plaza, 1530 Rest Church Rd, Winchester VA 22624 / 540-678-3641. $10 or less. I-81 Exit 323.
- Flying J Travel Plaza, 3249 Chapman Rd, Wytheville VA 24382 / 276-228-7110. $10 or less. I-77/I-81 Exit 77.
Best RV Tips from RVTipOfTheDay.com
Boondock RVing: Camping Off the Beaten Path