- Melgaard Park, 501 E Melgaard Rd, Aberdeen SD 57401 / 605-626-7015. Dump station is in east side of park off Lloyd St. Free.
- Lion’s Park on east side of US-281 in town. Donation requested.
- Chamber of Commerce at 415 5th Ave (US-85). Cost is unknown.
- Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park, 26014 478th Ave, Brandon SD 57005 / 605-332-2233. $10 or less.
- Sexauer Park at Western Ave and 8th St. This city park also has 13 campsites with electric hookups. Cost is unknown.
- City park just south of town on west side of US-85. Dump, rinse, and fresh water available. Park also has restrooms, picnic shelter, and overnight camping. Free.
- Public dump station behind Pump & Stuff convenience store on US-18 in town. Free.
- Broken Arrow Campground, 25458 Flynn Creek Rd, 605-673-4471. Cost is unknown.
- Ken’s Camper Sales on Hwy 14A between Deadwood and Lead. Cost is unknown.
- Flandreau City Park one mile east of town. Watch your height when entering the gate. There is a bypass available to avoid the gate. Cost is unknown.
- Mueller Civic Center, 801 S 6th St, Hot Springs SD 57747 / 605-745-3446. Free.
- Memorial Park campground, 10 Jersey Ave. From US-14, turn south on Jersey Ave at the “world’s largest pheasant.” Campground has nice paved walking trails, golf, pool, etc. $10 or less.
- Collier’s Park at US-12 and 9th St. Free.
- Flynn Field Park at SW 8th St and S Egan Ave. From the corner of Washington and SD-34 (Prostrollo AutoMall), go one block west on SD-34. Go right (N) on S Egan Ave and take the first left (W) on SW 8th St. Dump station will be on the right. Nicely maintained facility. Free.
- Cabela’s, 601 Cabella Dr, Mitchell SD 57301 / 605-996-0337. Cost is unknown. I-90 Exit 332.
- Griffin City Park on Missouri Ave along riverfront about 3 blocks south of Dakota Ave. 15 RV sites with hookups also available. Free.
- Cabela’s, 3231 E Mall Dr, Rapid City SD 57701 / 605-388-5600. Cost is unknown. I-90 Exit 61.
- Flying J Travel Plaza, 4200 N I-90 Service Rd, Rapid City SD 57701 / 605-342-5450. $10 or less. I-90 Exit 61.
- Flying J Travel Plaza, 5201 Granite Ln, Sioux Falls SD 57107 / 605-977-1438. $10 or less. I-29 Exit 83.
- City park at US-12 and E 1st St, south side of US-12. Free overnight camping offered, too. Donation requested.
- 281 Travel Center on US-14/281 at mile marker 331. Cost is unknown.
Best RV Tips from RVTipOfTheDay.com
Boondock RVing: Camping Off the Beaten Path