- Albany County Sewer District, 1 Canal Rd, Albany NY 12204 / 518-447-1611. Free.
- Brookside Campground, 4952 Route 32, 800-390-4412. From I-87 Exit 20, go north about 9 miles on NY Route 32. $20 or less.
- Camping World, 1000 Sanford Rd N, Churchville NY 14428 / 866-393-6438. Free. I-490 Exit 3. As you pull into the Camping World, go to the parking lot on the right away from the main entrance. You’ll see a large white propane tank; the dump station is next to that.
- Wilkins RV of Rochester, 111 S Main St, Churchville NY 14428 / 585-293-1001. Open 8:30am to 6pm. Free. I-490 Exit 3.
- Flying J Travel Plaza, 8484 Allegheny Rd, Corfu NY 14036 / 585-599-4430. $10 or less. I-90 Exit 48A.
- TA Travel Center, 8420 Alleghany, Corfu NY 14036 / 585-599-4577. $10 or less. I-90 Exit 48A.
- TA Travel Center, 9616 Commerce Dr, Dansville NY 14437 / 585-335-6023. $10 or less. I-390 Exit 5.
- Blue Haven Campground, 5253 US-Hwy 11, 518-594-3873. Cost is unknown.
- Wastewater treatment plant, 600 Milton St, 607-732-5115. Open 8am to 4:30pm, Mon thru Fri. From Southern Tier Expy, take Exit 56 and follow either Water St or Church St west to Madison Ave and turn left (south). Take first left over river (Maple Ave) and follow to Milton St; turn left (east) to plant. Free.
- Public dump station in the fairgrounds at Grand Central Ave and Fairview Rd. From NY 17, follow Grand Central Ave south to Fairview Rd and turn left (east). After entering the fairgrounds, turn right; dump station is on your left. Free.
- Westchester County public dump station just off NY 9A at intersection with NY 141, easy drive through. This is a county dump station located on the north side of NY 100 between Brighton Ave and Bradhurst Ave, across from the Mobil gas station. Hours: 9am-5pm Mon-Fri; 9am-1pm Sat. Free.
- Wastewater treatment plant on Union Ave. From I-90 Exit 28 follow NY 30A north 4 miles to Union Ave and turn west. Follow Union Ave about one mile to plant. From NY 30A, Union Ave goes down and around a sharp bend and crosses a narrow bridge. Open 8am to 3pm weekdays. $10 or less.
- Frost Ridge Campground, 8101 Conlon Rd, Le Roy NY 14482 / 585-768-4883. $20 or less.
- Lake Eaton Campground (public), HC01 Route 30, Long Lake NY 12847 / 518-624-2641. State-managed campground on Lake Eaton. Non-potable water available. Free.
- KOA, 119 Freetown Hwy, Plattekill NY 12568 / 845-564-2836. $10 or less.
- Battle Row Campground on Claremont Rd, 516-572-8690. From Long Island Expy, take the Round Swamp Rd exit and follow south to Sweethollow Rd and turn left. Follow this road to Claremont Rd and turn right. Campground is closed Nov thru Mar. $10 or less.
- Momot Trailer Sales, 240 Tom Miller Rd, Plattsburgh NY 12901 / 518-563-1983. From I-87 Exit 37 turn right (east) on SH-3 and then left (north) on Smithfield Blvd; follow to Tom Miller Rd and turn left. Cost is unknown.
- Erie Canal Village on the west side of town just south of the NY 69 and NY 46 intersection at the end of the Erie Canal Village parking lot. Free.
- Saugerties/Woodstock KOA, 882 Route 212, Saugerties NY 12477 / 845-246-4089. From I-87/New York Thruway Exit 20, follow NY Route 212 west about 2.5 miles. $20 or less.
- City wastewater treatment plant on Anthony St. From I-890 take the General Electric plant ext and follow signs for Erie Blvd. Follow for about one mile and turn right onto Maxon Rd Extension. Follow to Van Vranken Ave and bare left. Anthony St is the next left turn. Treatment plant is at end of street. If you find the gate closed it is okay to open and drive in, just close the gate again. Cost is unknown.
- Webster Wastewater Treatment Plant, 613 Webster Rd, Webster NY 14580 / 585-265-3770. Summer hours: Mon-Thu, 7am-4pm; Fri, 7am-10:30am. $10 or less.
- Niagara Falls North KOA, 1250 Pletcher Rd, 716-754-8013; open mid-April to mid-October. Cost is unknown.
Best RV Tips from RVTipOfTheDay.com
Boondock RVing: Camping Off the Beaten Path