- Middletown Sewerage Authority, open Mon-Fri 8am to 4pm. From Garden State Pkwy Exit 117, follow NJ 36 east about 5 miles past firehouse to second place where a “Main St” crosses the highway (You’ll also see the Mariner Diner ahead on left). Use jughandle to cross NJ 36. Take to Center St on right then second left is Beverly into site. Free.
- Buena Vista Campground, 775 Harding Hwy (US-40), 856-697-5555. $20 or less.
- Flying J Travel Plaza, 326 Slapes Corner, Carney’s Point NJ 08069 / 856-351-0080. $10 or less. I-295 Exit 2C.
- Turkey Swamp County Park south of Freehold. Cost is unknown.
- Wharton State Forest, 31 Batsto Rd, Hammonton NJ 08037 / 609-268-0444. A dump station is located in the Atsion Campground. The dump station is open April to mid-December. Cost is unknown.
- Indian Rock RV Park & Campground, 920 W Veterans Hwy, Jackson NJ 08527 / 732-928-0034. $30 or less.
- Mahlon Dickerson Reservation, 995 Weldon Rd, Lake Hopatcong NJ 07849 / 973-697-3140. From NJ 15 follow Weldon Road east about four miles to park. Campground is on the left. $10 or less.
- Brendan T Byrne State Forest, PO Box 215, New Lisbon NJ 08064 / 609-726-1191. Campground is open April to late October. Cost is unknown.
Best RV Tips from RVTipOfTheDay.com
Boondock RVing: Camping Off the Beaten Path