- Austin Hawes Campground, American Legion State Forest, Barkhamsted CT 06063 / 860-379-0922. Open mid-April to mid-October. $30 or less.
- Welcome Center along eastbound I-84 at Exit 2 near Danbury. Free. I-84 Exit 2.
- Rocky Neck State Park, 244 W Main St, East Lyme CT 06357 / 860-739-5471. Open late May to early September. $30 or less. I-95 Exit 72.
- Hopeville Pond State Park, 929 Hopeville Rd, Griswold CT 06351 / 860-376-2920. Open mid-April through September. $30 or less. I-395 Exit 24.
- William F. Miller Campground, Hammonasset Beach State Park, 1288 Boston Post Rd, Madison CT 06443 / 203-245-2785. Open late May to mid-October. $30 or less. I-95 Exit 62.
- Wolf Den Campground, Mashamoquet Brook State Park, 147 Wolf Den Dr, Pomfret CT 06259 / 860-928-6121. Open mid-April to mid-October. $30 or less.
- Housatonic Meadows State Park, 90 Route 7 N, Sharon CT 06069 / 860-927-3238. Open mid-May to mid-October. $30 or less.
- Kettletown State Park, 1400 George’s Hill Rd, Southbury CT 06488 / 203-264-5678. Open late May to early September. $30 or less.
- Salt Rock State Campground, 173 Scotland Rd, Sprague CT 06330 / 860-822-0884. Open late May to early September. $30 or less.
- Black Rock State Park, US Route 6, Watertown CT 06795 / 860-283-8088. Open May through September. $30 or less.
- TA Travel Center, 327 Ruby Rd, Willington CT 06279 / 860-684-0499. $10 or less. I-84 Exit 71.
Best RV Tips from RVTipOfTheDay.com
Boondock RVing: Camping Off the Beaten Path